Search and Rescue Division
A Virginia State Certified unit that provides on-call teams of personnel trained to assist or lead local and state search and rescue missions. These volunteers use horses, all terrain vehicles, canines and ground field teams to search for missing persons. The Search and Rescue Division also provides Project Lifesaver as a service to our community.
What does it take? How do I get involved?
- Search and Rescue members are volunteers.
- Members must be 18 years of age or older and have no felony convictions.
- There are no special skills or equipment needed to apply. However, all Members must complete training program requirements.
- A background investigation is required on all prospective members.
- The standards and administration of the background investigation will be at the discretion of the Albemarle County Sheriff's Office. Successful completion of a background check is required for administration as a member.